Milo Greene Makes Its National Television Debut On “Late Show with David Letterman” July 26
“Take A Step” Premieres On PigeonsandPlanes.com
Summer Tour Includes Shows At L.A.’s Troubadour (Sold Out) (6/23) & NYC’s Mercury Lounge (7/26) Plus Lollapalooza Performance
Los Angeles-based quintet Milo Greene will make its national television debut on “Late Show with David Letterman” on July 26. The band will perform “1957,” the lead single from its self-titled debut album, which is scheduled for release on July 17 by Chop Shop/Atlantic Records.
Milo Greene just premiered “Take A Step,” another track from their upcoming album, at PigeonsandPlanes.com, which noted: “With a sound reminiscent of Local Natives and a musclier version of the Fleet Foxes, ‘Take A Step’ dives into a driving, melancholy groove that’s perfect for the sort of rainy summer days we’ve been having in New York or a nice sunset at the beach-your call.” You can check out the song at:
Milo Greene, which supported The Civil Wars on their 2011 U.S. tour, will play a sold out show at the legendary Troubadour in Los Angeles on Saturday, June 23, and an early show at New York City’s Mercury Lounge on July 26. The band’s summer tour will also include a stop in Chicago, where they will perform at Schuba’s with The War on Drugs (8/3) and at Lollapalooza (8/ 4). See below for itinerary.
“LA quintet Milo Greene floored the audience with their soaring melodies and unbridled enthusiasm,” said ConsequenceofSound.net in a live review. “Warming hearts with lines such as ‘I’ll go, I’ll go wherever you go,’ and the vibrant chemistry between the multipart vocals, picking a definitive highlight of the brief yet impressive set was immensely difficult. The extended, rocking version of ’1957′ for the closer would be a definite candidate, though, as it left the crowd begging for another song and the set lists on paper plates.”
NPR Music singled out Milo Greene as one of the most promising new bands, PasteMagazine.com praised their “beautiful harmonies” and Time Out New York said: “[their] giddy pop songs recall Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.”
Milo Greene is: Robbie Arnett, Graham Fink, Andrew Heringer, Curtis Marrero and Marlana Sheetz. The quintet co-produced its debut album with Ryan Hadlock (The Lumineers, RaRaRiot, The Gossip) at Bear Creek Studio, a converted turn-of-the-century barn outside Seattle.
Fans who would like to share the album track “Take A Step” can do so at http://soundcloud.com/atlanticrecords/take-a-step.
Milo Greene – Tour Info:
- 6/23 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Troubadour (SOLD OUT)
- 7/21 – Atlanta, GA @ The Drunken Unicorn
- 7/22 – Nashville, TN @ 3rd & Lindsley
- 7/24 – Washington, DC @ DC9
- 7/26 – New York, NY @ Mercury Lounge (early show)
- 7/28 – Boston, MA @Middle East (upstairs)
- 7/29 – Montreal, QC @ Divian Orange
- 7/31 – Toronto, ON @The Horseshoe Tavern
- 8/1 – Buffalo, NY @ Mohawk Place
- 8/3 – Chicago, IL @ Schubas w/The War On Drugs
- 8/4 – Chicago, IL @ Lollapalooza (PlayStation stage)
- 8/7 – Madison, WI @ The Frequency
- 8/8 – Minneapolis, MN @ 7th St. Entry
- 8/10 – Denver, CO @ Hi-Dive
- 8/11 – Salt Lake City, UT @ Kilby Court
- 8/25 – Seattle, WA @The End 107.7 Presents Summer Camp ’12
- 9/8 – Portland, OR @ MFNW
Milo Greene Singles Available Now
- Milo Greene Featured in Converse and FILTER’s “Hometown: LA” Series
New Tour Dates Announced, catch them in your area soon...
- Milo Greene Take on SXSW
Catch Chop Shop/Atlantic's Milo Greene in Austin at SXSW...
- Milo Greene Announces West Coast Headlining Tour
Debut LP Due Out In Summer 2012 On Chop Shop/Atlantic Records...
- Milo Greene announce dates supporting The Civil Wars
Milo Greene Recently Signed To Chop Shop/Atlantic Records...
- Milo Greene’s new video “Autumn Tree” premieres today at Buzzbands
Milo Greene Releases "1957"/ "Silent Way" Limited Edition 7" White Vinyl, And Plays Sunset Junction Street Fair On August 27th ...